Bwaaah! After blogging for almost 4 years, I am receiving my first award!! Thanks Kelly for the Liebster Award! 😘😘
I really have no one to blame about this because I keep a very low profile. Even today, I find very few people regularly visiting my blog or liking and commenting on my posts. And that’s OK, I am not complaining. In fact, I am thankful to them for visiting my blog!
Now I feel like I am giving some kind of a speech like the winners give one, at the award ceremony 😀
Honestly speaking, I am still not sure what makes me come back and put my thoughts on this blog and make them public.
Is it really to vent my thoughts or I am just trying paint a different picture of me?
Perhaps I shall keep these thoughts for some other post and concentrate on the award right now 🙂
Here are the award rules –
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger give you
- Give 11 random FACTS about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify those blogs of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Kelly from Oceans Originals nominated me for this award. She makes beautiful crochet patterns and share them on the blog. Sometimes she also talks about latest things that are on her mind 😛 The other hobby she wants to take up is Henna designs. Good luck with that Kelly! She is the one person who regularly gives me feedback on my post 😉
Here are answers to questions asked by Kelly –
- What is your personal mission statement?
“Where there is will, there is a way!”
- What motivates you to blog?
I am yet to exactly figure out but maybe those few loyal followers who regularly visit my blog. Thanks a ton to all of them. And I think writing is an area where I can express my creativity. Of course, sometimes I do need acknowledgement.
- What’s your favorite blog post?
The one which I recently wrote about the song life cycle and the one I wrote a long time back, about my mom 😛
- What’s your favorite book?
Game of Thrones from the series ‘A Song Of Ice and Fire ‘ by George R R Martin.
It is the first and the only book from the series that I have read. So my answer is subject to change 😉
- Who is your favorite musician?
I generally don’t differentiate between musicians unless they are really bad. I like good music. But still, if I have to choose, I will say A R Rahman. He is the one who won Oscar for directing music of Slumdog Millionaire
- What is your favorite type of weather?
The spring in Netherlands 🙂 It is not too cold and not too hot. And days are quite long. So it feels very pleasant. But I also love rainy season of Mumbai! Can’t get over it completely!
- What is your favorite meal?
The one that we have on the first day of Ganesh festival! The special item on the menu is Modak! And they are my favorites! It is a sweet dish made by stuffing a mixture of coconut and dry fruits in rice or wheat dough and later it is either cooked or fried. They look like momos but they are totally different and they are sweet!!!
- Who do I admire the most?
Miley Cyrus, no doubt!
Don’t judge me from this video, it just shows she has not lost her mind, she knows what she is doing, she knows how to maker her point.
- What is one activity on your bucket list?
Participate in a marathon with my cousins 😀 I think it will be real fun!
- Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Think of your blog as a place you own, like your home. Maintain and decorate it accordingly. It is your representation.
- What is your favorite song?
I have a lot of favorite songs but I will share the one which I have on my mind these days – ‘The night when we met’ It is one of the songs used in ‘13 Reasons Why ‘ and I am hooked to it.
The toughest part, 11 random things about me –
- I can get up early or I can even stay up late in night.
- But I prefer getting up early and making a fresh start.
- I don’t want to forgive people but I just forget why I was mad at them at the first place and I end up talking to them.
- I try not to appear shy but still people always think I am being timid and meek. Which I don’t like by the way.
- I like all the Indian sweets. All of them!
- But there is nothing in the world yet that I can eat in any quantity, just because I like it.
- Pimples freak me out. But not the ones on my forehead. Because I can’t see them.. unless I am in front of a mirror 😛
- I don’t have a single favorite color any more. I love them all. Is that the artist in me saying?
- Since I am talking about art, I remember a comment my drawing teacher had made about the human figures I had drawn, he said – ‘Those hands and legs look more like pipes!’ Humiliating, I know 😛 But he was so right. I am still trying to convert those pipes back into limbs!
- Recently I have developed this hobby of indoor farming. It is not really farming. And it is on very small scale. But I am looking forward to take my hobby seriously.
- I am trying to detox myself of social network. I am almost successful.
My favourite part, I am nominating following 11 bloggers for the award (all of them are women!)-
- Dil on the rocks – On her blog, Dil shares moments from her life but something that I like the most is her witty conversations with her twins 🙂
- I’m Peonix – a new blog by Shivi, straight from her heart!
- Emotions that matter – an intelligent blogger, who takes blogging seriously.
- Traditional Cooking Made Simple – just as the name goes
- Snehal Kank – Visual Designer, Artist, Dog Lover, she does beautiful paintings
- Vilaythi Desi Girl – she writes wonderful short stories, light read and easy to connect
- Nicole Sundays – a humorous blog!
- My Messy World – it is about the messy girl’s journey towards being less messy! You inspired me to use blog as tool to achieve dreams.
- The Era I Lived In – a sincere blog that talks about life
- wordssetmefreee – an empowering blog!
- My Pastimes – Ashwini makes amazing greeting cards.
11 Questions for the Nominees!
I remember a seminar I had attended on personal growth few years ago. The host of the seminar told us to introduce ourselves by telling things we liked about us. After we introduced ourselves, he very rightly noted how every one of us mentioned at the most, only 2 things that we liked about ourselves. He asked us, are there only 2 things that we like about ourselves?
Today, we judge ourselves so much. We try to fit in the group, we try to make a point, we sacrifice things to achieve our goals. And we overlook our efforts.
We are told – appreciate others, don’t pin point others mistake.
We are told – don’t act so proud, be humble. First correct your own mistakes.
I am not going to ask 11 questions, I will ask you to share 11 things you like about yourselves! I am not breaking any award rule here, I just asking you 11 times, tell me one more thing you like about yourself! 😉
I know 11 things can be too much, but I am quite sure you will find them! After all, you all are lovely bloggers!
Last, but not least, Kelly, and every one who is reading this, I want to know what are things you like about yourself?