I promise to share happiness!
No upcoming events
I have come this far…
I am a newly married wife, in my late twenties. Software Engineer by profession, I am quite a tech-friendly and I love to read and write. Maths was my favorite subject at school :) Now, I am working on my vocabulary and drawing skills. I am totally a family person!
- 6,990 hits
What more can I ask for? 🙂
My sister-in-law delivered a baby girl on 14th of October!! *drum rolls*
So she is born in the same month as me and we also share same zodiac sign! *drum rolls again*
The best part is her name. I had already decided that if it will be a girl, I am going to call her Hannah, as in Hannah Montana!! And nobody has raised any objection *drum rolls yet again*
It’s unfortunate that I am not going to see her for next few months. But I can already feel that we are going to have a special bond, like the ones I have with Spruha and Soumya. And it is wonderful that even though I have just seen 2 photos of her (not even a video chat) I can feel that bond! ❤ ❤
I feel she is going to be quiet and very kind-hearted, like my oldest niece. And I also feel that she is going to like Maths like I do 🙂
I am definitely going to post lots of things related to her and I also want to know what the other 2 think about her. I am so going to miss to see them meeting each other for the first time. Their all the reunions are going to be fun though! 😀
Let’s see what’s more in the store!
I can still remember the day when I turned 22. And no year after that has been normal 🙂 I feel like, and I must have mentioned this before, I just grew old till I was 22 and after that as if there was a lot of backlogs to cover, I began to grow up very fast! Every coming year opened new possibilities, showed different shades of life, kicked me in different places and made me jump into the unknown 🙂 It made me realize, I can fly!
This year was no different. But it was better than the previous. And I know, the next is going to beat this year. I decided to note down the different things that I did or I learned or just something important that happened in this last year. The fact that I can think of these is by itself a new thing.
- I learned to cook well.
- I cooked for my colleagues once.
- Made Modaks and other dishes.
Personal Growth –
- I did some drawing.
- I wrote many posts on my blog, I think more than I must have written since I started this blog.
- I watched lots of youtube videos, TEDx videos. I think that has made me little more aware of the world.
- I started my own youtube channel.
- I didn’t fight much with my mom 😛
- I saw really varied genre of movies.
- I have become more strong-willed.
- I read 3 English classics, Anne Frank, Alice in the Wonderland, Little Women and GOT.
- I don’t feel awkward while talking on the phone.
- I did some good running this year and I realized that I like it!
- I got sick and then I got well on my own!
- I have become slightly more empathetic towards people around me.
New habits or experience –
- I cut my hair short! But I am done with that. Now I want long hair again.
- Went to many different countries, including France.
- Began to maintain bullet journal
- I have become serious about my future and career.
- I finally know what is a web API.
- I saw snowfall!
- I did ice skating.
- I have my own small garden! I am not an animal person, but I am definitely a plant person 🙂
- Sat in a very high cartwheel!!
- Learned to drink tea without sugar.
- I learned about Zero-waste. But it will take some time before I began to implement it.
- I tried to learn the Dutch language with not much success though.
When I look back at these points, I feel like each of this point has a potential to be converted into a post. And initially this thought made me very happy as I would have so many topics for my blog but now I think, I don’t want to spend too much time talking about things I did in the past. Instead, I should make sure that I write down everything that I do in the coming year so I will have links to all the points of my 28th year!
Can you relate to any of the points I have mentioned? How was your last year? 🙂
Can you also suggest me some things that I can do in the coming year?
I will first tell you, what I did last year. Because that is what makes this year’s Dasara* more special.
Last year, I had just moved to Netherlands couple of months before Dasara. I was not at all missing anyone or anything from back home. And I don’t play Garba, so overall Navratri is not that a big thing for me.
My mother called me on the day of Dasara, ‘Today is Dasara!’
“I know mom, I have received lots of wishes on WhatsApp.”
“Draw Saraswati on a paper and bow to her.” Saraswati is Indian Goddesses of Knowledge.
“But mom, I am anyway studying for my interview. So I am bowing to knowledge!!”
But still, she insisted that I follow the rituals. I reluctantly agreed and shared a picture of my version of Saraswati to please her (only).
This is year however, my emotions have taken a 180-degree turn! I am feeling so homesick and missing everyone so badly that even Dasara has become a big deal for me! And no one had to
force insist me to do anything. I made my own plan, to celebrate it as we do in India or rather Mumbai, Maharashtra.
When I got up on the day of Dasara like my mom would do, I began to haste around for no reason. I began to clean the house, took bath before preparing food and made my husband to help me and also to draw Sarawati and do her pooja 🙂
What else? I also prepared Gajar halwa which is not a Dasara special sweet**, but I wanted something sweet so I made it anyway 🙂 It turned out fine if not perfect.
Rest of the day, I kept calling and messaging friends and relatives and realized that I am as close to them as I could be 🙂
*Dasara is Marathi version of the name of the festival. A more famous name is Dussehra.
** The sweet that we, Maharashtrian prepare usually on Dasara is Shrikhanda!!
How did you celebrate Dasara?? What was the sweet dish you savored? I want to know so I can try it next time 🙂